Saturday, February 17, 2007

A Message From Dan Rodman...

Hi folks,

For my own benefit and company training, I have been gradually compiling a report on the records and indexes at the Dane County Surveyor's Office. I have learned a lot from others in the process, and realize that there are older records that are not indexed in the computerized database but are still relevant.

I think this might make a good MASC project. We could circulate a draft and get information from all the world-wise veterans before they retire, form a committee to draft a report, perhaps including recommendations for minimum survey research depending on the area, and put MASC's stamp of approval on it. It would be a useful resource, shortening learning curves and encouraging better surveying practice (or at least making low-bidders feel guilty about skimping on research!).

I think something around 10-20 pages would be sufficient.

Dan F, I wouldn't want a project like this to overstep your authority, but I also realize you are busy.

Also, it might not be the best idea to have lots more people digging through old records that haven't been scanned and preserved yet.

Any thoughts?
Dan Rodman

No comments: